- Saturday (Workshop) Standards
On Saturday you will attend two keynote presentations (Aimee Shackleton and Errol St.Clair Smith) and select from a range of break-out workshops to attend.
A range of workshops will be available and tagged for those new to Flipped Learning or the Early Adopters.
The standards the presenters will be working towards are:
- Use higher levels of Bloom´s Taxonomy (applying, analyzing, evaluating, creating)
- Establish clear expectations for student responsibilities during class time
- Include practice activities at differing levels to ensure all students have materials to work from that are just above their current ability
- Use a variety of active learning strategies in the group space such as Project Based Learning, Inquiry, Mastery, Genius Hour, and Peer Instruction
- Model group space activities for students before starting the activity
- Never lecture or explain the videos in classroom for those who did not do the pre-class media
- Set up student-centered activities that encourage students to summarize the content of the pre-class media
- Include activities that encourage students to create their own content
- Require reflection at the end of each lesson
- Be willing to fail at new group space activities and try again
- Provide differentiation within the group space (tasks, outcomes, support, and resources)
- Promote collaborative and group work
- Use both digital and analog tools to foster students’ in-class work
You may also be interested in...
- Latest News
- RESCON 2018
- View the current, live, interactive program below…. (under Program)
Each Session Description also highlights the Technology used by the Presenter and the session Outcomes.
- (under Program)