- Friday 18 October: Cohorts
During this day you will attend two keynote presentations and work in a Cohort for 3.5 hours where you will delve deeply into practical, hands-on activities.
In each Cohort you will work with the Facilitator across a number of session times to create hands-on, practical resources to take back to school and use immediately.
Cohort choices will revolve around the Global Standard of Individual Space Mastery, which are:
- Make sure pre-class media are short
- Make sure pre-class media are intuitive
- Make sure pre-class media contain the big idea
- Hold students accountable for pre-class work
- Use lower levels of Bloom's Taxonomy (remembering, understanding)
- Strategically choose an appropriate medium for the pre-class media (text, annotated whiteboard video, screencast, plain video)
- Focus on what you want to achieve in the group space when creating the individual space pre-work
- Ensure there is a strong link between pre-class media and what happens in the classroom
- Learn how to create flipped videos and other flipped media using the tools at your disposal
- Ensure that videos include an appropriate mix of text, pictures, discussions between people, short integrated films, the instructor writing, narration
- Make sure longer pre-class media are chunked into smaller pieces
- Teach students how to interact with the pre-class media including taking notes and preparing questions for class
- Introduce pre-class media with a prior knowledge question to activate student thinking
- Include practical concrete activities that students can engage in during or after the pre-class media and tasks
- Make sure pre-class tasks are meaningful and hook student interest
- Ensure there are questions to test understanding of concepts in the pre-class media
- Use information from students’ completion of pre-class tasks to inform instruction
- Consider legal aspects in relation to the student's right to privacy and personal data in accordance with the laws of each country
You may also be interested in...
- Saturday 19 October: Workshops (under Program)
During this day you will attend two keynote presentations and select from a range of break-out workshops to attend.
You can choose from: Flipped Learning 3.0 - Level 1 Certification.
- Costs (under Program)
- RESCON ANZ 2019
RESCON, powered by Flipped Learning 3.0, will tackle some of the biggest issues facing teachers and schools with a focus on Innovation.
This will give you the peace of mind that all sessions will be at the Global Standard for Flipped Learning best practice.